Wish List for Elders
At St Luke’s Home, we ensure our Elders are taken care of with comfortable housing, 24/7 medical assistance, and three delicious meals a day, but they still have limited means to shop for personal items and entertainment. Consider an in-kind donation based on the needs and qualifications below.
With your gift, please include a note with your name, phone number, email, and postal address so we can send you a tax-deductible receipt and properly thank you for your gift.
We do not have the means to pick up donations at this time. Please bring your gifts to our front door at 615 E Adams St. You do not need an appointment. We have limited staff after hours. Please try to bring your donations during operating hours M-F 8:00 – 4:00 if you can, but weekends and evenings are available if necessary.
All medical supplies and personal care supplies must be unopened.
- Disposable Razor Blades
- Shaving Cream
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Body Lotion
- Laundry soap
- Softener sheets
- Body wash and soap
- Denture cream and cleaner
- Adult diapers
- Walker pouches (like a fanny pack, but hangs on the front or side of a walker)
- Postage stamps
- Postal envelopes
- Letter-writing stationary
- Journals (blank)
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Word search puzzles
- Color Markers
- Adult coloring books
- Magnifying glasses or other page-enlarging devices
- Books, fiction only please. Large print if possible.
- James Patterson
- Nora Roberts
- Tom Clancy
- Mary Higgins Clarke
Please email first. Wheel chairs, walkers, shower chairs etc – Sometimes we need these, but have limited storage space for excess.
Please email first – dressers, lift chairs, beds, bedding, blankets etc – Sometimes we need these, but have limited storage space for excess.
Please email first as we have limited needs. Must be clean and in good condition- no stains, rips etc.
We do not need
- Crossword puzzles (Not a current favorite.)
- Sudoku (Not a current favorite.)
- Music – CDs/Tapes (Few Elders have the equipment to play them.)
- Movies – VHS/DVDs/BluRay (We have plenty thanks to Kidd Squidd of KXCI)
- Crayons / Colored Pencils (Elders prefer to color with markers)
- Playing Cards (We already have so many!)
- Socks with elastic bands at the top (Elastic bands are bad for their ankles.)
- Fidget spinners (Please donate these to schools instead.)
Please contact us at 520-207-0805 or email@example.com if you have any questions.