Programs and Activities Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Full-time (32 hours/week) Non-Exempt
St Luke’s Home is an assisted living facility with the Mission to Provide quality of life for low-income Elders to age with dignity in an assisted living community. As a member of our team, you are part of a group of dedicated people who are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, is dedicated to combatting loneliness, helplessness, and boredom, and wherever possible decisions are made by those who live here or those working closest to them. We believe in the value of person-directed care. We are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
The Volunteer and Activities Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of St Luke’s Home recreation and volunteer programs. The Coordinator will maintain a program that complies with the Arizona Department of Health Services – Residential Facilities Licensing statutes. Requires occasional evening and weekend work and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities
- Evaluate the Elders’ needs in order to promote the Eden Alternative Philosophy through activities.
- Ensure the programs offered at St Luke’s Home contribute to the growth and well-being of the Elders and the organization’s mission.
- Coordinate with the University of Arizona regarding student rotations for the Educational Programming.
- Engage with community members and organizations to expand the activities and volunteer program.
- Develop monthly activity and volunteer calendar.
- Responsible for managing program within budget guidelines.
- Participate in meetings and contribute communications for monthly newsletter and events.
- Manage social media pages.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, management, recognition, and evaluation of Volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer database.
Education & Experience
AA degree in social services or related field
Experience working with Elders and Volunteers
Qualifications – Required
Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Highly organized and detail oriented
Current CPR/First Aid
Pass a drug screen before hire
Current, valid driver’s license
Current, fingerprint clearance card
Qualifications – Preferred
Bachelor’s degree in social services in related field