Reports to: Elder Services Manager
Status: Non-Exempt (hourly) – Full-time
St Luke’s Home is an assisted living facility with the Mission to Provide quality of life for low-income Elders to age with dignity in an assisted living community. As a member of our team, you are part of a group of dedicated people who are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, is dedicated to combatting loneliness, helplessness, and boredom, and wherever possible decisions are made by those who live here or those working closest to them. We believe in the value of person-directed care. We are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
The Care Partner provides supervisory and personal care services for Elders in accordance with assisted living regulations, the Elder’s Life Care Plans and in coordination with the Elders and their family members.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of a warm, calm environment, personal interest and positive emphasis – maintain a cooperative attitude with peers, Elders and family members.
- Maintains confidentiality of all Elders information and observes the “Elders’ Rights”. The Care Partner will notify the manager immediately in suspected Elder abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Medication Assistance and Administration – This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring timeliness of medication assistance and administration, ensuring current and accurate documentation and communication relating to the Elder’s MARS, binders and other logs.
- Obtaining orders, supplies, or services from an Elder’s health care provider.
- Assist Elder’s with activities of daily living to include: bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting.
- Remind Elders of activities and meals according to their individual service plans.
- Record and report changes in Elder’s status/condition to supervisor.
- Promote quality services within company, state and federal regulations
- Comply with community’s policies and procedures.
- Perform housekeeping duties including linen changes, set room in order, keeping overall community neat and secure.
- Provides problem-solving and mediation for staff, Elders and family members to resolve conflicts/foster relationships relative to the needs of the individual.
- May assist with ensuring all files and databases are kept current and maintained in accordance with established standards
- Other duties as requested.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Current Caregiver Certification in the State of AZ
- Valid first aid, CPR, and fingerprint clearance cards
- Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Is able to read, write, understand, and communicate in English
- Must enjoy working with Elders in a team environment
- 21 years of age or older
- Able to pass a drug screen