Assistant Care Partner– St. Luke’s Home
Reports to: Elder Services Manager
Status: Full-time; Non-Exempt (hourly)
St. Luke’s Home is an assisted living facility with the Mission: Provide quality of life for low-income Elders to age with dignity in an assisted living community. As a member of our team, you are part of a group of dedicated people who are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, is dedicated to eliminating (combatting) loneliness, helplessness and boredom, and wherever possible decisions are made by those who live here or those working closest to them. We believe in the value of person-directed care. This is why we have chosen to weave the Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles deeply within our organization. We are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
The Assistant Care Partner: performs non-licensed caregiver assistant duties under the supervision of a caregiver or assisted living manager with direction and supervision of a designated certified caregiver following established policies and procedures.
- Assistant Care Partners assist relatives, visitors, volunteers and guests to St. Luke’s Home.
- Assist Elders with supervisory and personal care needs except medication assistance and administration.
- Perform general housekeeping duties including: cleaning Elder rooms, changing linens, cleaning common areas and restrooms.
- Monitor interior and exterior community for safety and Elder welfare.
- Assist with monitoring Elders to assure the safety and security of all residents according to policy and procedures.
- Use standard precautions to prevent spread of disease and infections such as hand washing and wearing gloves.
- Document required information such as change in condition, take and record vital signs.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, calm environment, personal interest and positive emphasis.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with peers and family members.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of St. Luke’s Home.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- 18 years of age or older, and 3 months experience (experience can be in a training/volunteer setting, education can substitute experience).
- Must obtain caregiver certificate within 12 months of hire.
- Maintain CPR certification and First Aid training specific to adults.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Able to transfer, lift/position a resident up to 125 lbs.
- Able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, walk up to 90% of the work day.
- May be subjected to offensive odors/combative behavior.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 lbs frequently & 50 lbs occasionally.
- May be exposed to blood/body fluids; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, pushing up to 150 lbs.
- Flexible schedule, working days, evenings, and overnights – to include weekends.