March 11, 2020
Dr. Linda Hollis, St. Luke’s Home CEO, met with Staff and the Elders to reiterate:
St Luke’s Home believes the safety, health, and well-being of Elders and Staff are our number one priority.
There have been no cases at the Home to date; however, we are taking the threat posed by COVID-19 extremely seriously.
Effective March 11, 2020:
1) We are temporarily restricting family members, volunteers, vendors, friends, and visitors access into St. Luke’s Home. Necessary visits by medical personnel will be screened.
2) Staff are more than happy to make arrangements to help you keep in touch with your loved ones via phone calls and/or electronic communications.
3) We are canceling Elder field trips and activities outside of the facility and ask that you remain cautious when leaving the Home.
4) We highly encourage Elders to restrict outings solely for medical appointments. Staff will work with Elders and family members for other needs.
5) We are sharing CDC guidelines in case you need to go out in public: wear a facemask, perform proper hand hygiene, and perform social distancing (6 feet apart) while in public.
We believe that there is no such thing as being too cautious when it comes to the health and well-being of our Elders and Staff.